1. BBQ Season: It is most definitely summer. The heat outside has been turned up a few notches, which means the house is toasty for long periods of the day too. This does not make one want to turn on the oven in the kitchen at all. We have welcomed bbq season with open hands. Some days are very much a tossed together meal because I am feeling a bit tired lately, but we are all happy because Jason is great at preparing meals on the bbq. We’ve enjoyed steak, chicken, burgers, and hotdogs. Can’t wait to add to our bbq dinner meal ideas this season. Evie is also just happy with all the fresh berries we’ve brought into the house recently.
2) Little Road Trips: We’ve been up to Kelowna, and down to the States recently. I am looking into a few more little areas that are nearby for us to travel too. Even if it is just a day trip it’s nice to get away and check out different areas. With this, I am also thankful for Nexus on holidays!
3) Supporting Local Businesses: I have become a huge fan of shopping local, and supporting small businesses. One of my favourites is Queen Bee Headbands the ladies behind this line are incredible. They are so kind, and if you have an outfit and are looking for something to go with it they will gladly figure out a custom headband. My most recent order involved a lot of headbands for our next little girl, as well as a newborn hat for the day she arrives. I also got another headband for myself, yes they make adult headbands too!
4) Little Friendships: Last year there was a post that went around from some site about how young children shouldn’t have play dates. Well, I definitely disagreed with that. My daughter loves her little get togethers with friends. She already has a core group of friends that she loves to see, and often asks about and talks about them when we are at home. I adore seeing her little friendships grow, and I’m thankful for friends in our area who also have little ones and we all get to hang out.
5) Cookies: Yes this may seem like a silly thing to be thankful for, just call me cookie monster. A sweet friend of mine makes the most incredible cookies and she very kindly saved a couple for me after her daughter’s birthday party. They are seriously the best tasting cookies, and hit the spot for this prego!
6) Kiddy Pools: We recently upgraded Evie’s little kiddy pool to a bigger one, and I am so glad we did. She has more room to splash around outside and play with water toys, but there is also room for this mama to put her feet in too. It’s proven to be a great way to keep us all cool this summer.