We may be a bit late to the game sharing about this, but we wanted to still share just in case there are a few of you who have not heard yet. You can download shows from Netflix onto your device!!! Thank you Netflix, this is brilliant and a travel game changer for parents.
It’s not often we let the girls watch a show while in the car. We do try to limit it to when we will be driving for over an hour somewhere, for example being stuck in traffic to Vancouver, or we are on a road trip. Being able to directly download shows we know they will both enjoy onto our Ipad has been a huge help in keeping everyone happy.
The best part is it’s incredibly simple to do! Keep reading to find out how.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM NETFLIX
What you need to download titles from Netflix:
- An iPhone, iPad, or iPod running iOS 8.0 or later
- A phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later
- An Internet connection (you need an Internet connection to download but can watch without Internet)
- An active Netflix streaming account
- The latest version of the Netflix Apple iOS and Netflix Android.
Downloading a title from Netflix:
Not all titles are available for download. You can search to see if a certain title is available for download. If you are interested in browsing downloadable titles, select “Available for Download” from the Netflix menu. Once you have found a title, follow the steps below.
- Select the title you would like to download.
- On the description page, tap the download icon. (For TV shows, the icon will appear next to each available episode.)
- Once the title has completed downloading, you can access it from the “My Downloads” section of the app. Titles do have expiration dates so do take note of this.
Having our girl’s favourite shows available to watch on our most recent family vacation was a huge help. We were off to Tofino, which was a 5+ hour trip that included lots of driving and a ferry ride. Adding in some pit stops along the way, the girls were great. It was fun hearing them both giggling in the back.
The only thing I worry about is if my youngest will be concerned when she’s older and realizes she’s been watching the images flipped in the mirror? I also would love it even more if Disney shows were available… I can dream right?
Disclosure: I am a part of the Netflix #StreamTeam and sometimes receive special gifts or perks from Netflix as part of my affiliation with them as a member of the StreamTeam. However, any views or opinions expressed are my own.