The countdown is on for going to Disneyland for our family vacation. We’ve been getting ready for Disneyland with Netflix. Thanks to Netflix having several Disney movies that we love! We wanted to share some of the ones we’ve been enjoying for family movie night.
- The Fox and the Hound: This movie is all about friendship. The friendship of an unlikely duo; a red fox named Tod and a hound dog named Copper. As the two grow up it is hard for them to maintain their friendship and in the end, they do have to part ways. It is a bit of a heartbreaking tale and there is a scene that involves fire and another with a bear that young children may find a bit frightening.
- The Rescuers: A group of international mice forms an organization called the Rescue Aid Society, it is based in New York. This group of mice is committed to helping abduction victims around the world. Bernard and Miss Bianca end up on a mission to rescue a little orphan girl named Penny. Penny is being forced to help find treasure in a very dangerous place.
- The Aristocats: A group of aristocratic cats finds themselves being helped by an alley cat when the butler of their owner ends up kidnapping them. The entire fortune of the butler’s employer was to be left to cats, but he wants it for himself. The cats work together to get back to Paris. My daughter loves dancing and singing to the music in this one, especially “Everybody wants to be a cat”.
- Lilo & Stitch: We do tend to skip over the intro to this movie and get right to the main setting for the story… Hawaii. Here a lonely Hawaiian girl, Lilo, ends up adopting a “dog” from the local pet shelter. She names him Stitch. Stitch is actually a genetic experiment. He has some anger issues and a slight fear of water. With a little bit of figuring out about what he really wants in life and the help of Lilo and the importance of ohana to her, he changes. This movie will have you wanting to groove to Elvis tunes and take a family vacation some place warm.
- Tangled: This movie has bumped Frozen off from being on permanent rotation at our home and is often requested by Evie. A young princess with long magical hair wants to get away from the tower she has grown up in and see the floating lanterns that appear on her birthday each year. She does not know though that she is a princess when she was young she was kidnapped for her magical hair by an old woman. With the help of a handsome outlaw, she ends up on the adventure of a lifetime. I had to ask my daughter why this is her new favourite movie she informed me that she loves the horse and the gecko. She also wants to grow her hair out long like the Princess.
I love that fact that Disney is often our go to for family movie night. Growing up I had fond memories of it being and it being the weekend. My whole family would claim seats in the living room to watch a movie, often the movie was some sort of Disney movie. This is a tradition that I am continuing with my own little family. The best part is watching these movies and more and helping get my daughter ready for our trip to Disneyland and she hasn’t a clue!
Thanks to Netflix we are giving away a 3-month subscription to one reader of Discovery Parenthood. Please enter the giveaway through the rafflecopter below.