I have been planning a little Easter celebration with friends and I cannot wait to show you how it all came together. Last minute I realized we needed something that was more of a savoury food option and that they kids could take home if they wanted to. I came up with the idea of putting one of my kiddos favourites snacks into an Easter carrot goody bag.
It was incredibly simple to do, which is always a win for me as a parent when times not always on my side. I popped out to the store to replenish my stock of Love Ducks from Love Child Organics as well as a couple other things I needed to make my idea happen. At the party, we set the carrot bag beside each table setting, but you could also easily pop it into your child’s Easter basket or hand it out as a party favour if you’re hosting an Easter get together with young kids.
EASTER CARROT GOODY BAGS
What you’ll need:
- triangular cellophane treat bags
- twist ties
- Love Ducks by Love Child Organics
- green Easter grass
- Empty out the bags of Love Ducks into a bowl. I bought the Tomato + Carrot and the Carrot + Apple flavours so we mixed the two together in a bowl.
- Portion out the Love Ducks into each bag. I used four bags of Luck Ducks and filled 6 treat bags.
- Close the bags with a twist tie.
- Wrap the green Easter grass around the top of the bag, over the twist tie, and tie it into a knot. I tied the grass so one end was longer giving the appearance of the tops of a carrot.
There you have it, our incredible simple take on a carrot at Easter time. What I love besides how adorable and simple this is, is that Love Ducks are gluten free. So if there is a child you know with dietary restrictions, this is a great alternative for them, though everyone is sure to love them! It’s a great way to add a little springtime fun to Easter.
SAVE THIS EASTER IDEA TO PINTEREST