When the idea came up to have a little Easter party I knew immediately that I wanted to make bunny ears for all the kids. Floral bunny ears quickly came to mind. This was in part due to all the rain we were having and my desire to have Spring finally be here, and because there’s nothing like cute florals at Easter time.
If you are looking for something fun to create for your little ones to wear for Easter photos or with their Easter best, try making a pair of bunny ears just for them and with flowers to match their outfit.
FLORAL EASTER BUNNY EARS
What you’ll need:
- floral wire
- wire cutters
- faux flowers
- low temp glue gun
- measuring tape
- Measure the head of who will be wearing the bunny ears with a measuring tape, this will give you the circumference of their head. Add one extra length for where the headband will connect and for the ears. I found the ears looked great at 5 inches, so I needed to add 20 inches for the ears and about another 2 inches for where it would connect in the back.
- Use wire cutters to cut the floral wire to the length needed.
- Working from the middle of the floral wire, leaving about two inches for the center of the headpiece start creating the ears on each side of this. Bending the floral wire to the desired shape for a bunny ear. You need to create two ears. I found twisting the wire at the base of the ear helped hold the shape best.
- Once you have created the ears start to make the circular shape, like you would for a paper crown.
- With the ends of the floral wire bend the wire creating a loop and twist to secure on one side. Thread the end of the wire from the other side through and do the same. This will connect both ends and hold them together.
- Make sure the end of the wire faces out and away from the head so to not poke your little one. You can even put a dot a low temp glue here to protect them if needed.
- Use your wire cutters to snip apart the faux flowers you selected and leaves. Having them cut and ready to be placed on makes it much easier.
- Line the front of the headband with some leaves, use the low temp glue gun to secure the leaves in place.
- Start gluing the flowers into place. Layering if you’d like to create a fuller look. Placing enough flowers until you are happy with how the bunny ears appear.
Check out more: A Little Floral Easter Party
Check out more: Easter Carrot Goody Bags
SAVE THIS EASTER IDEA TO PINTEREST