Our house got hit this winter by the different colds and flu going around. It sucked, but the one good thing about being home sick is watching Netflix! We’ve had several sick days now that have involved lounging on the couch or staying in bed and either sleeping or watching favourite shows on Netflix. So we figured, let’s share what shows we watched.
MY PRESCHOOLER’S NETFLIX PICKS
- Tangled: Let’s be honest here, this show could pretty much be played on repeat in our house. We all love it. My daughter loves the music and is now telling me she wants long hair like Mommy and like Rapunzel. We’ve even had a Tangled Movie Night!
- Clifford the Big Red Dog: I secretly love that my daughter is enjoying watching Clifford episodes because I always enjoyed the books when I kid so each episode brings flashbacks to my childhood for me. How can you not love a larger-than-life dog?
- The Magic School Bus: Again, Netflix you are rocking having shows from when I was little! Who else remembers watching episodes of this show in school when you were younger? I do. Evie’s been all about “learning” lately, she is constantly asking questions about everything and wants details. So this has been the perfect show. You better believe we watched the episode about Ralphie being sick.
- Justin Time: This is a show that our whole family can watch over and over again. My daughter definitely has her favourite episodes like The Pancake Express and Wait, Little Penguin. Evie is constantly declaring that she is going on an adventure like Justin, Squidgy, and Olive. With it being a Canadian show there’s often Canadian history tied into episodes which we love seeing and learning from together.
MOMMY’S NETFLIX PICKS
- The Crown: I was so grumpy when Matt Smith left Dr Who but all was made well with him appearing in The Crown. I love period shows and movies so this has become an instant favourite for me. It is about the early years of Queen Elizabeth II and how events during that time shaped everything to today.
- Captain America: Civil War: If I have to pick a favourite superhero, it’s Captain America and Iron Man. Yes, I picked two! The best part is that both of them are in this movie. The bad part is that they are pitted against each other. It’s full of action with the perfect hint of comedic relief.
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: I love Gilmore Girls, it’s probably my all-time favourite show. I am currently still pulling together my thoughts on how I feel about the episodes from this. I’m torn, so I took the opportunity to rewatch them on my recent days of not leaving the couch.
- Walt Before Mickey: This movie isn’t one I hear often shared as one to watch, I really enjoyed it. It’s all about Walt’s journey from Missouri to Hollywood. Showing just how he got to what we all know him for; Disney.
There you have it, the shows and movies we’ve recently watched on our days home sick. There’s still a good chunk of winter to go and the joys of germs at preschool. Do you have any other show recommendations we should check out on Netflix?