Last evening I decided to sit down and write out some of the things I hope to do with my family this fall. I really liked having a bucket list this summer. I found that I didn’t feel like I missed out on anything this summer, and that it didn’t just rush by us without us doing things we wanted to do. So I figured why not put together a fall to do list?1. Baking: I have a large list of items I am hoping to bake this fall everything from trying to make home made cinnamon buns to all things pumpkin. I really want to get Evie more involved to and let her help out more in the kitchen, and baking is the perfect opportunity to have a controlled messy environment.
2. Go to the pumpkin patch: of course this is on the list! We actually tend to go to a few different pumpkin patches. Our calendar is getting filled up on the weekends with fun outings to them with family and friends. I can’t wait to see Evie walking around trying to find her favorite pumpkin to bring home.
3. Go to the corn maze: We just missed out on our churches youth night for going to the corn maze. I still really want to go, maybe as a family or maybe Jason and I can go to one on a date night.
4. Go for a hay ride: Where there is a farm there is likely a hay ride. I always enjoy going for a hay ride in the fall and just taking in the surroundings with the changing leaves, and everything. It really is a must this time of year.
5. Make a leaf pile and jump in it: This one is going to be tricky because we live in a town home and our yard is tended to by a lawn care company every week. All the leaves disappear when they come. I may need to visit a friend’s home so that Evie can experience this, or find a park with lots of leaves.
6. Lots of walks in nature: We are already talking about going for walks around our neighborhood in the crisp fall air, but we also want to go visit more nature trails and get away from the city for a bit.
7. Feed the ducks and birds: I have so many memories of going and feeding the ducks and birds at local ponds. We’d put our quarter into the little dispenser and get our handful of birdseed and then wait in anticipation for a duck to scoop it our of our hand, or for a bird to come and land in it ever so lightly and then fly off. I want Evie to start having these same moments this fall.
8. Make bird seed ornaments: I have seen many great instructions out there for animal friendly bird seed ornaments that you can make at home. I’m looking forward to having these in our trees this fall and winter. I’m hoping to see lots of birds out our kitchen window.
9. Go puddle jumping: really this is something you can do all year. I can’t wait to send many moments outside with Evie and splashing in puddles with her. She is currently all about wearing her rain boots, I think it’s because she can put them on her own feet so easily. I am also looking forward to getting her her very own little umbrella.
10. Thanksgiving picnic: My family has their own tradition of going for a picnic outside, we pack up the whole turkey dinner and eat it outside at a park. Last year though, just the three of us went out on Thanksgiving Day and enjoyed our own little picnic in the park. I want to do that again this year.
11. Pick apples & make hot cider: I’ve never gone apple picking before, so I am really looking forward to getting my own apples and not just baking with them but I want to try making hot apple cider. I want to fill my house with that incredible smell. Anyone have a good recipe?
12. Fall crafts for toddlers: I am hoping to do a couple different crafts with Evie this fall. I want to try potato painting, melted crayon leaves, and much more. I will be sure to share what we get up to.
Is there anything you are hoping to do for sure with your kiddos, and as a family this fall? What are your big plans for this season?