The other day I was in a major funk about what to make for dinner. I didn’t want the usual or any of our typical go to meals. I wanted something different. I started thinking about the summer camp we volunteer at and how we get creative sometimes with how we use up the leftovers. You should see some of the pizzas we’ve made. It then came to me… tatertot nachos! Light bulb!
I made a stop at the grocery store on the way home from work to get a few things we needed to make this meal happen. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. Even Evie ate all of her dinner, and then some that night. This meal is now going to be a staple in our house. Sorry taco salad, you’ve been replaced.
– a bag of tater tots
– ground beef (or other meat of you prefer) about a pound or so is needed
– taco seasoning
– sour cream
– cherry tomatoes
– shredded cheese
How to make this amazing meal
– Bake the tatertots to a nice golden crisp first, on a cookie sheet. This made a difference I find since moisture would soak into them later from the meat and cheese.
– While the tatertots are baking cook up the meat and follow the taco seasoning instructions.
– Dice the peppers and cut the cherry tomatoes in half if you want to sprinkle those on.
– Once the tots have baked sprinkle the ground beef onto them, a long with the peppers, and cheese. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
– Add dollops of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole onto the top after you pull it out from the oven. As well as the cut up cherry tomatoes.
My daughter enjoyed her’s with some ketchup on the side. If you want you can also just add the toppings to the side to customize if you have any picky eaters.
If you give this meal a try with your family let me know what they think!