We hope to make the most of this summer by doing all sorts of different things. I wanted to put a list together so that I would remember what all we wanted to set out to do. I tend to forget things unless I write it down. We hope to get out and enjoy a few different local activities, and more.
Here is our summer bucket list…
- Go the the water park. Since we have a toddler who is walking, and running. This is a great place for us to go. We’ve already been once, and hope to go a few more times to different ones in our area.
- Cook on the BBQ. Since summer tends to mean hot weather, we want to use our BBQ as often as possible to keep the house from getting over heated. Plus, who doesn’t love a good burger or steak done on the BBQ? I am also really hoping to have some friends over one evening too.
- Go swimming. This is an easy one to cross of the list for us because we signed our daughter up for swimming lessons. We also know that there are a couple dates coming up for discounted, or even free swimming days at our local pool.
- Get some Fish & Chips. There are a few locations around the Vancouver area that are well known for their fish & chips. I really want to spend an evening at the beach as a family, and go enjoy this as a special dinner some time.
- Ice Cream. Thankfully our toddler does not know the sound of the ice cream truck, but we do hope to get her a special treat from one of the ice cream parlors that are around. Who am I kidding, we want some yummy ice cream too.
- Make popsicles. I am currently on the hunt for some popsicle molds so that we can make our own treats to help beat the heat.
- Mommy Daughter Date. I want to go out on a couple mommy daughter only dates this summer. Not exactly sure what we will do yet. Maybe go to one of the child friendly movie times, or for a walk. We will see. Summer break from work gives me a great opportunity to spend more time with my daughter.
- Go boating. I’d love to go boating again on one of the lakes this summer. We have been once already, but I would love to go again. I am also looking into renting kayaks or a canoe in Deep Cove so that my husband and I can have a date out.
- Go berry picking. While we have gone berry picking once already, we want to go again and get some more. There are still lots of berries available, and most recently blue berries have become ready. It’s time to go pick some more.
- Build a sand castle. I’d like to go to the beach, and make a sand castle with Evie. Sure she may be more into destroying the sand castle, but it will still be fun.
Are you looking for some more fun ideas? Check out all these great summer bucket lists from some of my friends and fellow bloggers. You are sure to find something that will work for you and your family. Go take a look, and be inspired.
- Bits of Bees: Summer Bucket List: 20 Things To Do With Kids
- Mama In The City: The Summer of George
- Bees With Honey: Summer Bucket List 2014
- The Cheerio Diaries: Summer Bucket List
- Active Mama: A Very Active Bucket List for Summer 2014
- Vodka Infused Lemonade: Summer Bucket List