I am a huge fan of warm dips for things like breads, and crackers. My all time favourite is artichoke and spinach dip. This is the recipe I always use when I make it, I have modified it a little over the course of time that I have made it for things. For my little family, we are all huge fans of garlic so we add more than what most recipes call for. This dip my daughter loves too. She had a good portion of my little serving the other day and kept signing for “more please”. So if you have an event you’ve been asked to bring something to, this is a great one to do.
* 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese (softened)
* 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (can also do without if you want)
* 1/4 cup of Parmesan
* 1/4 cup of Extra Old Cheddar Cheese (make it 1/2 if you want it extra cheesy)
* 6 cloves of garlic (peeled and minced, use less garlic if you don’t like it strong)
* 1 can of artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
* 1/2 cup of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
* 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. If needed lightly greese the small baking dish you will be putting the dip in. I find with mine it is not needed.
2. If you are like me and prefer the artichoke hearts finely chopped, put them into a blender or magic bullet and send them around for a bit til you get the consistency you like. You can also put in the spinach and garlic at the same time so that they are already mixed together.
3. In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan, old cheddar, and the mix of artichoke hearts, spinach, and garlic. I often will just skip the bowl, and just mix it all in the baking dish I am using for heating and serving it in.
4. Bake in the oven for 25minutes. It will be lightly browned around the edges and on the top, and the cheese will be a little bubbly.
5. Serve hot, just be sure to warn people as some will want to wait until it cools down a little.