There are definitely some reasons why parents should NOT get Netflix.Netflix.
I’m going to share with you what those reasons are.
- In Flight Movies Aren’t Wanted…. both for travelling in a car or flying somewhere. You definitely do not want Netflix to aid in the battle of keeping kids happy when travelling. Why on earth would you want to be able to download some of your kids favourite shows onto a device? There’s just no way you could have those shows at your finger tips when things get desperate and gold fish crackers are being thrown across the vehicle.
- You Don’t Need Time… There is no way you’ll have those precious 15 to t30 minutes needed to take a shower, do laundry, or cook dinner. Nope. Not going to happen when you put a show on from Netflix. You will never be so lucky.
- You Don’t Want To Rewatch Childhood Classics… You will not be able to show your kids some of your favourite childhood classics. So your kid likes science, there is no way they will enjoy watching The Magic School Bus with you. There are many other great shows you just never know what you’ll discover.
- Disney Is Not In Your Vocabulary… You for sure do not have access to any Disney movies. Not one. Sorry, they definitely are not there. No emotional characters of all sorts of colours. No odd little blue alien who likes Elvis music. There’s not a single Pirate movie. You will also not be seeing a certain wayfinder travel across the sea in a few short weeks.
- You Don’t Like Marathons… Don’t get Netflix if you cannot handle a good ol’ marathon. Why ever would you want to sit down and relax after putting the kids to bed and binge-watch your favourite show? How many episodes of Gilmore Girls can you handle in one sitting? Do you really want Netflix asking if you are still there? Didn’t think so!
So my advice to you is to not, not get Netflix.