Recently, thanks to Best Western Tin Wis Resort, we got to visit and stay in Tofino. It was the first time we’ve been to Tofino and it was incredible to travel there as a family over Spring Break. Pulling up to the hotel we immediately noticed the view. This is what set the tone for our whole vacation. Relaxing by the ocean.
Tin Wis Resort is within Pacific Rim National Park on Vancouver Island. It required a ferry ride there and without stopping almost 3 hours of driving, but with little kids, breaks were needed. It’s a spectacular drive with beautiful scenery. Tin Wis Resort is right beside MacKenzie Beach.
We enjoyed having a 2 queen bed ocean view room. Normally, we prefer having a suite as this works better when it comes to nap time and bedtime, but we were able to make this work for our vacation to Tofino. The room has a wonderful view of the beach and the Pacific Ocean. This was probably our favourite thing about the resort, the ocean view.
The room was equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, a Keurig coffee maker and a kettle. We were able to fit the milk we had brought for our girls, as well as other goods that needed to be refrigerated without a problem. The kettle was perfect for boiling water to clean our daughter’s bottles and for making tea when needing to warm up after spending time on the beach in the rain.
There was also a 37-inch LCD TV, plus free wireless high-speed Internet. When we ended up staying inside due to the rainfall we were able to find some kids shows for the girls on the TV. The Internet was great because we were able to stay connected with family back home and share photos from our trip with them and stay up to date with other things when needed.
Below you will find some quick details for you on the amenities at the hotel and in the room. Best Western also has a rewards program. We signed up for this awhile ago as we have stayed at other Best Western locations when traveling and it just made sense to collect points.
- Exercise facility that is open from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Hot tub
- Restaurant on-site
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe deposit box
- Free wireless internet: available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Ice/vending machines
- Guest laundry, open 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. (Nominal fee $2.25)
- Playground, beachside playset for younger children
- Free parking (parking is outdoors)
- Barbeque grills available to use outside
- Cable satellite television
- Ocean view
- AM/FM alarm clock
- Free local calls under 30 minutes
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator + microwave
- Iron, ironing board
- Desk/work area
- Voice mail
- Sofabed + cribs are available
- Adjoining rooms available
- DVD player and movies available at no charge – by request through front desk
- All rooms have scenic views
BEST WESTERN REWARDS
- An award winning loyalty program that is free to join
- The points you earn for your stay never expire
- Status Match No Catch. Best Western will instantly match your status from other hotels if you wanting to join the Best Western loyalty program
- Low-Rate Guarantee. When you join have access to Best Western Rewards exclussive member rates. These are lowest rates you can find anywhere for Best Western, including sites like Expedia, Orbitz, etc. The rate can be booked exclusively through bestwestern.com.
- Best Western has some of the lowest free night redemption requirements in the industry. A free nights starts at just 8,000 points and maxes out at 36,000 points.
- Best Western has over 4,100 properties in over 100 countries and territories worldwide. This means a great possibility of finding a Best Western for where you want to stay. Wherever Life Takes You, Best Western is There.
- AAA members save 10%
WHAT WE LOVED ABOUT BEST WESTERN TIN WIS RESORT
- The View – Being so close to the beach and the ocean was the highlight for all of us. We’ve never had such views on any trip we’ve gone on. Waking up to the waves crashing on the rocks outside and watching the sun set down below the horizon line. It is something we will always remember.
- Friendly + Knowledgeable Staff – The staff were very accommodating and willing to answer any questions we have. When checking in the staff informed of we had a couple options with room availability and made their recommendation on what would be best. We learned something new: go for the top floor if you can so that no one will be above you and you won’t hear people walking around.
- Hot Tubs – There are two hot tubs on site, though located in a separate building from where our room was. After a day spent out in the rain or playing down by the ocean it was great to be able to warm up in the hot tub.
- Location – It is a short drive to downtown Tofino and just up the road is a great little spot with everything from surfboards and wetsuits to coffee and amazing meals. It was great to be able to just pop up the road to get a good cup of coffee or a tasty fish tacos. We also loved driving just a short distance to explore what else Tofino had to offer.
Ultimately, we loved our stay at Best Western Tin Wis Resort in Tofino. Our oldest daughter is already asking when we will be going back. She wants to live by the ocean now. The room met our needs as a family of four and made for part of a great vacation that has instilled a love for Tofino in all of us. We hope to be back very soon with rain gear and beach buckets in hand.
A LITTLE LOOK AT OUR STAY AT BEST WESTERN TIN WIS RESORT
Disclaimer: We were provided with accommodations in order to facilitate this review.
All opinions about the hotel are 100% our own.