Bedtime is one of my favourite times of the day. We have had a bedtime routine with our daughter since very early on, and I love it. I’ve always loved getting to cuddle my daughter, and read her books before putting her to bed for the night. Part of the routine is also getting her changed into jammies, and when she was younger we always put her into a sleep sack or sleep bag before putting her into the crib for the night. It was like the sleep bag was a signal to her that it was time to go to sleep. We had started with swaddling, but soon found that our daughter liked to roll over, and have her arms free, a sleep bag was a must for us.
There are many things that we really appreciate when it comes to a Grobag. When we started asking others about what sleep bags they used, Grobag always came up. So we started looking into them very early on, and we were not disappointed.
1) Safety. We loved knowing that we did not have to worry about a blanket going up and over our little ones face while she was sleeping. There was no way she would be able to kick this off of her, like she would be able to with a blanket. Instead she was securely zipped, and snapped into her sleep bag. She was free to move about, but the arm and neck holes were nice and snug. Grobags are available in a range of sizes (0-6 months, 6-18months, and 18-36months).
2) Temperature. While adventuring into the world of sleep bags we learned about “tog”. This is a measurement of how warm the sleep bag is. For warm spring, and summer nights and day time naps your little one only needs a 1.0 tog, but in the winter a 2.5 tog is recommended when nursery rooms tend to be below 20C. Having the perfect Grobag temperature, especially in the winter, meant we knew our daughter was comfy and that we did not have to crank the heat in her room and raise our electricity bill too. She was always comfy. You can also find a 0.5 tog sleep bag from Grobag if you are going off on holiday some place warm, and your little one is accustomed to sleeping in one. Having one with this type of tog level helps you stick to your little ones routine, even when away from home.
3) Easy to use. It is so simple to get a baby into a Grobag. All we ever did was unsnap the shoulder on the same side as the zipper, and slide our daughter in. Her one arm would fit through the other side no problem, and we would then zip her in and do up the snaps again. I really appreciate the little detail of the zipper having a cover on it so that baby does not get poked by the zipper, and we did not have to worry about little fingers getting caught in the zipper either. The one thing that all parents truly appreciate too… it is machine washable, and you can dry it on a low tumble setting too! This makes things so handy.
4) Diaper Changes. Thanks to the zipper that goes down the one side, and across the bottom of the Grobag, you do not have to take your baby completely out of it in the middle of the night for a diaper change. Simply open it up with the zipper, change their diaper, and zip them back up. The whole time baby is comfy, and cozy.
5) Beautiful. Grobags are beautifully constructed. It’s almost like a sleeping bag made for a baby, but with the beauty of a hand made quilt. There is a wide variety of designs available, covering boys and girls prints, and gender neutral ones. We are currently loving the Blossom Bunny Grobag and cannot wait for our next daughter to get to wear it at bed time. You are sure to find a print you love. If you’re having a hard time finding bedsheets with a pattern or detailing you like, Grobags are a fun way to bring in a design, or theme that you really like into the nursery.
We adore our Grobag. It is definitely an essential baby item that I recommend to others when they ask about what are some baby must have items. We have peace of mind when it comes to our next daughter going to sleep, we know she will be comfy, but most importantly she will be safe. Included in the package is a little thermometer that tells you the current temperature of the room, it also lines up to what tog is recommended for that temperature. The Gro company really thought of everything when it came to making their product as simple as possible to use. This mama definitely appreciates that.
Are you expecting, or have a little one? Do you know someone who is due soon, or just recently had their baby? Well, we have been provided with the wonderful opportunity of doing a giveaway for a Grobag. One Canadian follower will win a Grobag of their choice. I truly hope you will love it as much as we do, I know you will. Best of luck to everyone who enters!
Disclosure: I was sent a Grobags in order to facilitate this review. All thoughts and opinions are always my own, and we have loved Grobags since our first one we bought for our first born.