WHEN YOU SPEND THE WEEKEND IN HARRISON WITH BLOGGERS
This weekend I headed out for a girls weekend in Harrison with a group of fellow bloggers. I was ready for a relaxing little getaway and looking forward to also talking about al things blogging with the girls. I left Harrison relaxed, motivated, and challenged.
I’ve stayed in the Harrison area before with my little family but never at the resort so this was going to be a new experience. Plus the first time ever getting to go to the hot springs. I could not wait to drive out to Harrison for the weekend.
GOING FOR A CRUISE WITH SHORELINE TOURS
This was my first time staying at the resort and I am definitely hoping it will not be the last, I’m thinking a weekend getaway with my husband would be really nice. Before checking in to the hotel though we all got to go for a boat tour around Harrison Lake thanks to Shoreline Tours.
During the two-hour tour, the Laroan went around the lake going past Echo Bay, the towering rock formations of Echo Island (be sure to look up, one formation looks like an owl and another a bear), and bring some binoculars to get an even better view of Rainbow Falls. We even went past Sasquatch Provincial Park which is now on a list of places I want to visit with my family thanks to this cruise.
What really made this tour great was the staff pointing out all of the sights for us and sharing about the history of Harrison. A hint, camels are included in the story. If you are looking for a different way to see Harrison Lake, consider going for a boat tour with Shoreline Tours. You can find out more here.
A BIT ABOUT WHERE WE STAYED
We all stayed at Harrison Hot Springs Resort in some of their very cute cottages. Heydy of Raising Jay & Abel and I were roomies for the weekend. While some might have flipped for who got the bed and who got the pull out couch, I voluntarily took the couch. Hello, roaring fireplace to keep the room warm at night.
The only way to get to fully experience the hot springs is by staying at the resort. After my weekend stay there I am hoping to go back with my family sometime. Getting to go swimming in the hot springs was a highlight, my one regret is not spending more time there.
I loved that the cottages and the hotel are located within walking distance to so much. It’s just a short walk from the cottage to the hot springs pools, or to go up the road to several different great dining options. Plus, the lake and beach are right there too!
GOOD FOOD IS ALWAYS A MUST
A highlight when going away for a weekend is almost always the food. We enjoyed meals at several great places. Harrison Corner Cafe had all 6 of us ordering the fish and chips, but first, we tried an amazing soup and savory tart. The decor in Harrison Corner Cafe was a little bit rustic and classy, with a chandelier that reminded me of The Phantom of the Opera.
When dinner time rolled around we walked over to The Hungry Chef. This was one place I had been to before and I knew it would not disappoint with great service and delectable pizza. You can order a 10″ pizza and have enough to share between two adults. Pizza not your thing? There’s also salad and pasta options too!We also enjoy the breakfast buffet at The Lakeside Cafe in Harrison Hot Springs Resort. There was a great selection of breakfast foods.
We also enjoy the breakfast buffet at The Lakeside Cafe in Harrison Hot Springs Resort. There was a great selection of breakfast foods. The best part of breakfast was the jokes and conversation from the chef at the omlette station. If you do stay at the resort and plan to have breakast at The Lakeside Cafe, go early so you don’t have to worry about the line waiting to go in.
SMILE FOR THE CAMERA
One thing we did that was really special was have a photographer come out to Harrison. If you are looking for someone not far from the area definitely check out Vanessa Marie Studios. Vanessa got some great photos of all of us and did an incredible job of talking us through how to pose for photos and made us all feel at ease.
I’ve never thought about making the drive out to Harrison for family photos but it’s something I would definitely consider after seeing the photos Vanessa took. I love the scenary. There’s something special abotu being near a lake with mountains in the distance.
5 THINGS I TOOK AWAY FROM OUR BLOGGER WEEKEND
- Keep Learning: This was a huge part of what this weekend getaway was all about. We wanted to chat about all things connected to blogging and learn from one another. Each of us had our own strengths and weaknesses. We were al about to share, bounce ideas off one another, and learn from each other.
- Get Organized: The importance of keeping everything organized when blogging was very evident. Some of us use calendars, others apps in their phone. With all the different dates, information, posts, etc… that we need to keep track getting organized and staying organized is up there for being for one of the most important things. I was also introduced to Tailwind. It’s new to me, but apparently, lots of bloggers use it.
- Take Notes: When inspiration strikes take notes, get that idea down somewhere. For many of us, those inspiring moments happen at random times and we all know if we do not get it written down somewhere we will forget our idea. Some of the best ideas seem to happen randomly at night, especially right before falling asleep.
- Set Goals: Setting goals can be a huge push to drive you. Make big and little goals. This might be just working on blogging consistently twice a week. Or perhaps you have a “unicorn company” you would love to work with. Set those goals and work towards them.
- It’s Ok to Take Breaks: There will be times you feel burnt out and like the joy has been taken out of blogging. So take a break, it’s totally ok to do so. All of us have needed to slow things down or step away from blogging altogether for a bit. You need to recharge and refocus, find the joy again!
We had such a ball, it was an ideal getaway – with a little bit of work (we had a few sessions around blogging and social media) combined with fun and relaxation.
Thank you to Tourism Harrison and Harrison Hot Springs Resort for the amazing weekend!
We would love to have you follow us on social media, find us here:
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest
*Disclosure: This trip was hosted by Shoreline Tours, Harrison Corner Cafe, Hungry Chef and Harrison Resort for the purposes of this post and social media coverage. We had a great weekend and Harrison is a place we love.