This post is focused on 5 things. I am taking part in a link up that has been put together by my Tairalyn of Little Miss Mama and Diana of The World Around Her. When I heard about their link up party I thought it was a fun idea. Basically all that is asked of you is to put together a post about 5 thing. Could be 5 books you love, 5 things on your mind, 5 songs that are driving your crazy that your toddler wants on repeat, whatever you want even if its a random 5 things. Who knows, perhaps this will become a continuing post on my blog like my Little Moments.
1) I love the rain, especially after the stretch of warm days we had (which I enjoyed too). There is just something I love about rain. Maybe its the bright coloured umbrellas, maybe its the fresh smell in the air especially if you go walking around in a park. The other day though, I loved the rain because I got to take my daughter puddle jumping!
2) Sneaking in to see my daughter as she is sleeping. Every night since she was born we have checked in on our daughter. It is always a guessing game as to what position we will find her sleeping in. This is probably one of my favourites… her little feet crossed, and tucked under her.
3) Footy pajamas with a zipper! With a toddler constantly on the move we have come to realize that these are a must. Zippers just make the baby wrangling outfit change at bed time so much easier, and less of a battle. A munchkin in pjs is just too cute.
4) I am in the final count down to doing the sun run and my new running shirt and pants came in the mail this week. It is hard to find nice running things for plus size women, and I get it plus size and runner are not often put in the same sentence, but that doesn’t mean some of us wouldn’t like something nice to run or workout in. I am really loving the fit of my compression tank from Old Navy, someone over there was smart and did this top in regular and plus sizes. Well done! It is a very flatering empire waist, scoop neck, with a racer style back. Perfect for those of us with a little extra up top.
5) Cupcakes… I love baking in general, but I really love baking cupcakes. There is so much creative freedom when it comes to flavours and colours. I am blessed to have been asked to do cupcakes for my friend’s weddings in the past, and now doing cupcakes for my own daughter’s birthday and several of her friends has become my fun little hobby on the side. I just do it for fun, and my husband is the one who gets to taste test when I am asked to bake some cupcakes.